3rd Quarter HROM Civilian Training
1. Additional classes have been added to the attached Civilian On-Site Training Course Catalog that feature the following courses sponsored by the Human Resources and Organizational Management Branch (HROM). Recommended on-site training classes that may be beneficial as part of your Individual Development Plan (IDP) are identified with asterisks (**). The IDP is a developmental tool that creates a partnership between the individual employee and supervisor. For more information see the civilian on-site training notes page:
- Communicating Across Cultures**
- Conflict Management and Resolution Strategies**
- Contracting Officer Representative (COR) 1-Day Refresher Course
- Critical Analysis and Executive Decision-Making**
- Effective Listening Skills**
- Essential Supervision Skills**
- Equal Employment (EEO) and Diversity Training (added)
- Getting Results without Authority**
- How to Perform Under Pressure**
- Marine Corps Acculturation Program (MCAP)
- Naval Correspondence**(added)
- New Supervisor Orientation (NSO)
- Optimization of Personal Productivity**
- Position Description (PD) Writing Workshop for Supervisors and Managers**
- Retirement, Benefits, & Financial Planning for Late Career FERS Employees
- Retirement, Benefits, & Financial Planning for Mid-Career FERS Employees
2. New CAC Scanner Sign-in Process: We have implemented a new class sign-in process this quarter utilizing a CAC Scanner. All participants MUST bring their Common Access Card to attend all classes. This process places
all participants names unto a excel spreadsheet making the uploading of your training into TWMS a much faster, easier process after attending a class.
3. Remember that you should always obtain supervisor approval before registering. To register for a class or find additional course information, please visit the HROM-Sponsored Training website: http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/hrom/SponsoredTraining.aspx . Can't access our training website? Send an email to: SMB.HQMC.ARHB.TRNG@USMC.MIL . For more information, see the attached REGISTRATION GUIDE for comprehensive instructions for completing, viewing, and canceling registrations.
4. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Please let us know when you register if you require reasonable accommodations to participate in this training.
5. If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Organizational and Workforce Management Section (ARHM) at: 703-614-9088 or SMB.HQMC.ARHB.TRNG@USMC.MIL
NEW PERFORMANCE SYSTEM IS COMING"
The DoD Performance Management and Appraisal Program (DPMAP)
will roll out to non-bargaining unit employees on 1 October 2017. Classroom training will be available starting in June 2017.
In the interim, on-line training is also available. Once you’ve accessed the Joint Knowledge Online site, select "Take Me to Course" and then select "DoD DPMAP 102, DoD Performance Management Appraisal Program (DPMAP) Lessons 1-7, (5 hours)". If you don't have a JKO account you will be required to register.
While both on-line and classroom training meet DoD requirements, classroom training is highly recommended.