The Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs Branch (NREA-B) is a branch of G-F Installation and the Environment division. NREA-B implements environmental compliance programs, manages the natural resources, and provides environmental planning for the Base.
NREA-B consists of the Environmental Compliance Section and Environmental Planning Sections located in Building 3049. The solid waste and recycling facility is located at Building 3185.The Hazardous Waste Warehouse is Building 27401. The Natural Resources Section (log cabin) can be found in Building 27007 and the game check station is Building 27175-T.
NREA-B implements environmental programs through:
• development, improvement, maintenance, and conservation of the natural, cultural, archeological, and historical resources;
• preventing pollution and degradation of lands and waters from waste disposal and erosion;
• managing the hazardous waste disposal and minimization programs;
• preparing required National Environmental Policy Act documentation;
• managing the Installation Restoration Program;
• enhancing undeveloped recreational activities by managing natural resources including forests, fish, and wildlife;
• ensuring the protection of threatened and endangered species; and
• the enforcement of federal, state, and Base environmental and natural resources laws and regulations.