Civilian Awards and Recognition is a sub-section of the Performance and Compensation Section within the Civilian Manpower Branch, G-1, Marine Corps Combat Development Command (MCCDC) and Marine Corps Base, Quantico (MCBQ). The Awards and Recognition sub-section supports the following organizations:
- Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration
- Regional Contracting Office, National Capital Region
- Marine Corps Combat Development Command
- Marine Corps Base, Quantico
- Headquarters and Service Battalion, Quantico
- Security Battalion, Quantico
- Marine Corps Operational Test and Evaluation Activity
- Marine Corps Embassy Security Group
Per MCO 12451.2, “It is essential that Marine Corps commanders, managers, and supervisors recognize superior performance of duties and faithful service by their civilian employees. The primary purpose of awards is to encourage all civilian employees to participate in the common task of improving the efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of Marine Corps operations and functions.”
To assist leaders in recognizing their civilian employees, the Civilian Awards and Recognition sub-section:
· Administers a Civilian of the Quarter and Civilian of the Year program.
· Prepares length of service certificates and assists the G-3 in conducting a length of service ceremony.
· Processes requests for retirement certificates and letters, and retirement flags to be flown on the base flag pole.
· Processes incentive and honorary award nominations.
· Facilitates awards boards as necessary.