Banner Icon could not be loaded.

Marine Corps Base Quantico

"Crossroads of the Marine Corps"

Marine Corps Base Quantico Media Advisory

By Base Public Affairs | Marine Corps Base Quantico | March 22, 2013

Marine Corps Base Quantico (March 22) --

MARINE CORPS BASE QUANTICO, Va. – A fatal shooting occurred at Officer Candidate School around 11 p.m. on March 21. The Provost Marshals Office responded with assistance from Prince William County police department.

The shooter, an active-duty Marine, has been pronounced dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound by law enforcement at the scene. Two other victims, also active-duty Marines, were pronounced dead at the scene.

The identities of the victims will be withheld until after primary next of kin notification. The incident is under investigation.

Marine Corps Base Quantico has returned to normal operations.

Interested media should contact 1st Lt. Agustin Solivan at 703-432-0303 or agustin.solivan@usmc.mil.

7 Comments

• RB Redmond 1 years 180 days ago
    James Clayton - "Very sad story :-(
    US Marines please remember about your Credo, your fellows are your combat friends, they are not enemies. If you have some terrible situations between you and other person you should do all by laws and military regulations. Any violence is not an exit from a bad situation. I'm not an US Marine but I rather well know about USMC and US Armed Forces and same stories give me bad feelings."

AMEN!!!

Remember your oath of enlistment, it includes everyone including fellow service members.
  • RB Redmond 1 years 180 days ago
    Sad to hear this! Praying for all who loved them, and for all who served with them. Semper Fi!!!
  • Jennifer Heppenstall 1 years 181 days ago
    Semper Fidelis, all Marines! Please know you are cherished!
  • Aaron Walls 1 years 181 days ago
    I served at this station years ago serve under a lot of good Marines and WMs my deepest regrets go out all the fallen Marines and family that has suffer through this ordeal.
  • James Clayton 1 years 181 days ago
    Very sad story :-(
  • KIM 1 years 181 days ago
    My God...What drove him to kill his brothers and himself?

What was the reason? His motive?...his despair?

I wish I could have done something to prevent this from occurring so that they all would still be alive and well...

Life is so precious... you've only got one life to live each lifetime you live.

So, what was the reason for this Marine to do that to his comrades and himself?

Now there won't be any more birthdays, seasons, happiness, friendships and things worthwhile for any of them!

To all: DON'T KILL EACHOTHER NOR YOURSELVES!

What for?

...in the end...you'll die anyway! Why not postpone that till you've completed your life having done all you could get out of it?

And NEVER kill eachother! Not out of hate nor out of jealousy or any other inexcusable motive!

You're all on the same team!

Work as a team! Live as a team! Survive as a team!

Much encouragement and genuine care from someone who knows the struggles in life...
  • Judith Murphy 1 years 181 days ago
    My thoughts and prayers are with the families, friends, and co-workers of the Marines who died in this incomprehensible tragedy.

(required)