The Adopt-A-School program is a great opportunity for Marines to earn volunteer hours and to make a difference in a child's life. Schools seeking volunteers may request Marines to:
- assist in school classrooms on a regular basis to support literacy;
- assist at school events that include participation by military units;
- assist with school campus beautification projects;
- serve as guest speakers to support school standards-based goals and curriculum;
- assist with student field trips to military installations to support School curriculum objectives;
- assist with non-fundraising school activities and events such as festivals, sports, events, and community outings;
- serve as mentors within the school environment, in support of academic and social incentive programs.
Schools currently seeking an adopting unit:
Unit commanders or school representatives interested in participating in the Adopt-A-School program, please contact the Public Affairs office at 703-784-2741.