- Telephone - (703) 784-5321 or (703) 784-5322
- Enterprise Land Mobile Radio (ELMR) - Range Safety Talk Group
- Radio - UHF Amplitude Modulation (AM) 323.7
- Radio - VHF not available at this time
When entering the MCB Quantico training area all users must comply with the following communication requirements:
- All training units must have 2 forms of approved communications
- Primary - Enterprise Land Mobile Radio (ELMR), range safety talk group
- Secondary - cell phone
All approved communications gear must be monitored at all times and instant response is required. If, at any time, the primary means of communication is lost, the unit must go into an immediate check-fire and contact the RCF.
- Live-fire ranges must conduct radio checks every 30 minutes.
- Non live-fire ranges must conduct radio checks every 3 hours.
- Contractors and maintenance personnel must conduct radio/cell phone checks every 3 hours.
At the time it is determined that a person(s) is missing, ROIC/RSO must immediately contact the RCF and provide the following information:
- Description of person(s)
- Gear worn
- Time last seen
- Last known location
The ROIC reporting the lost personnel will be the search commander but may request for support from Director of Base Operations via Range Management Branch.
MEDEVACs IN THE RTA
All MEDEVACs from the RTA will be coordinated through the RCF. MEDEVAC classification information can be found in the document below:
FIRES IN THE RTA (REPORTING)
When a fire starts in the RTA, the unit must place themselves into an immediate check-fire and contact the RCF. When in fire danger classification III, IV or V, using unit will ensure they check-out firefighting gear from scheduling before entering the RTA. At no time will any personnel enter any dudded impact area without Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) escort.